LandAirSea (LAS) has spent more than 25 years developing GPS devices and software for businesses and consumers. Many of our automotive clients appreciate that GPS units for cars give them greater control over their vehicles.
The benefits don’t end there, though. Keep reading to learn more about how LAS can contribute to automotive success by letting you track cars with GPS at affordable prices.
HOW TO TRACK CARS WITH GPS DEVICES
The precise way you track cars with GPS devices depends on the unit and software you choose. However, there are some general guidelines you can follow. For example, it’s often best to:
- Hide GPS units for cars where thieves won’t spot them.
- Tell your employees and other drivers that you have installed the GPS devices.
- Keep track of when you need to charge your GPS units (or choose models that plug into vehicle OBD II ports).
LAS encourages customers to use SilverCloud apps (versions are available for Android, Apple, and desktop). When you combine SilverCloud, GPS, and cars, you can:
- Adjust how often devices send location data to the app.
- View each vehicle’s location history.
- Create efficient driving directions for shorter routes or fastest routes based on current traffic conditions.
- Set notifications that alert you via text or email when a vehicle speeds or crosses a set boundary.
- Remotely turn off the GPS unit’s lights.
Since SilverCloud lets you adjust settings at any time, you maintain control of your GPS and cars at all times.
BENEFITS OF USING GPS UNITS FOR CARS
Using GPS units for cars can give you several benefits whether you want to track one vehicle or a fleet of vehicles.
When employees know that you can track cars with GPS, they’re more likely to drive safely. Let them know that the software alerts you when cars speed.
You can also use historical data from your GPS software to improve your safety training. If you notice certain driving behaviors you want employees to avoid, you can address them during training seminars.
More than 700,000 vehicles are stolen in the U.S. every year. GPS units for cars can make it much easier for law enforcement to locate and retrieve stolen vehicles. GPS devices help in at least two ways. They can alert you of the theft when it happens, making it possible for law enforcement to start investigating sooner. They also give officers precise locations where they can find stolen vehicles.
LOWER INSURANCE RATES
Ask your insurance provider whether it offers discounts for cars with GPS units. Since GPS units improve safe driving and theft prevention, you might qualify for a lower premium.
BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICES
You gain more control of your customer services when you track cars with GPS. You can use the technology to find efficient routes, reducing delivery times. GPS and cars can also help you notify customers when:
- Your team or package will arrive.
- A disruption interferes with expected delivery times.
Many GPS units for cars can find efficient routes that save your organization money. When GPS technology helps people choose more efficient driving options, you spend less money on fuel, maintenance, and repairs.
LAS GPS UNITS FOR CARS
LAS is always working on new products that match our customers’ needs. Currently, the following GPS units stand out as our favorite options for cars.
The LAS 54 is one of our most popular products. It’s a low-priced device that offers a wealth of impressive features, including:
- A waterproof and dustproof design.
- Real-time location sharing.
- Battery life that can last between one and three weeks, depending on the setting you use.
- 4G LTE and satellite connectivity.
- A built-in magnet mount.
- Small size that makes it easy to hide on any car.
The LAS Overdrive is very similar to the LAS 54. It’s slightly larger, though, because it holds a battery with a longer life. The extended battery can last four times as long as the LAS 54.
The LAS SYNC is the best option for owners that don’t want to worry about charging or replacing batteries. The GPS unit plugs directly into the car’s OBD II port, so it doesn’t need an internal battery to work.
LAS RESOURCES FOR SUCCESS WITH GPS AND CARS
LAS wants all of our clients to have the products and services they need to become more successful. The following resources can help you get more from our GPS units for cars:
- A YouTube channel with plenty of how-to videos and demonstrations.
- A blog where you'll find information about how a broad range of industries use GPS and cars.
- A FAQ that answers common questions about LAS’s real-time location trackers and software.
- Straightforward directions for activating and deactivating devices.
WHY CHOOSE LAS FOR VEHICLE TRACKING?
LAS has spent more than two decades perfecting its approach to vehicle tracking. We’ve designed several reliable GPS units that work in wet and dusty environments. We also have excellent software that gives you more control over your GPS devices.
We’re proud to tell customers that we’re based in the United States (Woodstock, IL), have transparent billing and cancellation policies, and employ a diverse staff with English and Spanish speakers. Most importantly, we put your needs first. We understand that our business relies on your success, so we dedicate ourselves to customer services that you won’t find anywhere else.
FIND THE RIGHT TRACKING SOLUTION WITH LAS
Do you want to manage a fleet of vehicles or track individual cars? LAS has effective, affordable tracking solutions for you.
Get help choosing the right GPS unit by reaching out to LAS by phone (224-888-3931) or email. We're happy to compare options with you and give you more insight into which device will serve you best.