LandAirSea (LAS) provides GPS-enabled military transportation tracking devices for various branches of the armed forces. These cost-effective and rigorously-tested products monitor military vehicles and equipment, helping personnel improve driver routes, asset protection, productivity, and safety.
Learn more about the benefits of GPS tracking units for military transportation logistics and how LAS products are valuable—and potentially life-saving—resources for branches of the armed force such as the Army, Navy, and U.S. Air Force.
TRACK YOUR POD
You can use GPS tracking units to track your point of delivery (POD) when transporting expensive and potentially dangerous military equipment from one location to another. Doing so improves accountability and safety and helps you identify the location of equipment at any time. Use GPS trackers during training or missions and better manage military vehicles used by personnel.
TRACK MILITARY VEHICLES DURING THE TRANSPORTATION PROCESS
Personnel might need to transport military vehicles to other cities, states, or countries during training and operations. These vehicles include cars, tanks, aircraft, land vehicles, drones, and armored personnel carriers. Placing a GPS unit like the LandAirSea 54 (more on this device later) into a military vehicle during transportation improves asset protection and provides insights into military missions.
Military personnel often carry expensive valuables like weapons and medical supplies during training and operations. Unauthorized persons who access these valuables could put lives at risk or waste expensive military resources.
Tracking valuables with GPS units help personnel identify stolen resources and prevent bad actors from doing damage. You can place tracking devices in boxes that contain valuables and monitor the location of these items through your computer, smartphone, or tablet.
TRACK THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS
Personnel who move from one location to another might rely on third-party moving companies to pick up and drop off valuable military equipment or personal belongings. Sometimes these items can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. When items go missing or get stolen, it could pose a security risk.
GPS tracking units, like those manufactured by LAS, track military equipment and belongings transported by third-party moving companies via the GPS satellite system. You can place one of these units in luggage or storage boxes and identify its location during the moving process.
There are other benefits of tracking third-party companies during a military move. With GPS navigation system units, you can confirm when movers arrive at your new location, reducing wasted time. You can also find out how long it takes movers to transport your belongings to a destination and find out if these movers made any stops along the route.
Finally, you can track assets and possessions when using a moving broker that works with different logistics companies. Each of these firms will have different trucks and employees, increasing the risk of missing valuables. With GPS, you can track multiple transportation routes at every stage of the moving process.
OTHER USES FOR GPS TRACKERS IN MILTARY TRANSPORTATION LOGISTICS
Here are some of the other benefits of investing in GPS tracking units for military training and operations:
- Manage military vehicles and reallocate these vehicles based on supply and demand.
- Improve fleet management with real-time location data from GPS monitoring stations.
- Prevent civilian use of military vehicles and equipment.
- Identify the location of military personnel during training and real-world operations.
- Ascertain the safety of personnel during training and operations. Know the location of personnel at all times.
- Improve driver routes and logistics processes.
- Recieve historical and statistical data about military vehicles and equipment in real-time.
- Reduce wasted labor by deploying personnel to the correct locations.
Share real-time location data from GPS devices with team members and branches of the U.S. government, such as the U.S. Department of Defense and Defense Logistics Agency (DLA).
Improve operational capability, supply chain management, and military operations.
HOW CAN GPS TRACK MILITARY EQUIPMENT?
The U.S. military has thousands of items missing from its inventory, according to a report cited in a recent Newsweek article. Those items include weapons such as rockets, land mines, and other explosives. The report says that theft is the primary cause of missing items in the military, with poor record-keeping and oversight being other factors that contribute to depleted inventories. Public safety could be at risk if weapons and other military equipment fall into the wrong hands.
Tracking units could help solve this problem for the armed forces. These units use Global Positioning System (GPS) technology to pinpoint the location of assets and belongings used in the military, allowing personnel to track items in real-time. GPS uses a system of over 30 satellites that circle Earth and send signals to GPS receivers in tracking devices. These receivers calculate the device’s distance from four or more satellites, enabling the armed forces to identify valuables anywhere in the world.
WHY CHOOSE LAS FOR MILITARY TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT?
LAS has pioneered technology for GPS systems since the early 1990s and offers a suite of compact and reliable tracking devices for military transportation management. Using LAS trackers is simple. You can attach a GPS-enabled device to a vehicle, equipment, storage unit, or box with the provided magnets or cables and view real-time location data from GPS satellites on your computer, tablet, or smartphone through a single dashboard.
Here are some of the best LAS products for military transportation management:
- LandAirSea 54: This waterproof and dustproof GPS tracking unit has an internal magnet that securely attaches to military vehicles and equipment. Engineered in the USA, LandAirSea54 provides geofence and speed alerts, historical reports, and real-time tracking through a secure log-in process. Its ShareSpot feature lets you share military tracking location data with other team members.
- LandAirSea SYNC: This real-time telematic device identifies the location of military vehicles with an accuracy of 6 inches. You can receive geofence, speed, and arrival and departure notifications on your computer or mobile device. Unlike LandAirSea54, SYNC doesn’t require batteries or charging; it connects to a vehicle’s OBD II port.
- LAS can help you discover the right GPS technology to use in your branch of the armed forces. Contact a professional for more guidance about GPS for military transportation management.
BENEFITS OF LAS FOR THE ARMED FORCES
Here are some of the benefits you receive when purchasing LAS products for military users:
- Customer Service: The LAS team can help you troubleshoot GPS-related problems and get more value from your tracking devices with 24-hour customer service. Alternatively, you can solve user equipment issues and set up your device by checking out these online tutorials.
- Extended Battery Life: LandAirSea 54 comes with a battery that can last up to one year, removing the challenges associated with continuously charging your device. (You can extend the life of your battery with the device’s Powersaver mode.) LandAirSea SYNC doesn’t require any charging or batteries.
- Easy to Set Up: Download the SilverCloud app onto your device from the App Store or Google Play. Connect your GPS tracker to a military vehicle, equipment, storage unit, or box with magnets or cables that come with your selected product. View real-time location data inside the Silvercloud app or turn on notifications to receive the latest insights.
- Cost: LAS products cost up to 80 percent less than similar devices for military transportation logistics. There are no activation fees to use these advanced technologies.
Tracking the location of military vehicles, equipment, and personnel during training and operations is critical for safety, accountability, asset protection, decision-making, and theft protection. LAS has a wide range of surveillance products with integrated GPS that improve day-to-day workflows for the armed forces, enabling military personnel to monitor the location of assets and valuables in any environment.