Why You Need to Invest in GPS for Outdoor Asset Tracking
Equipment theft is on the rise. The National Equipment Register and National Insurance Crime Bureau estimate construction companies lose up to $1 billion annually from stolen heavy machinery. It's not just the construction sector facing huge losses. Farmers, park rangers, and other occupations that use outdoor equipment and assets are at risk of theft. Even companies that keep work vehicles outdoors could be the target of criminals.
What's the solution?
GPS can safeguard outdoor inventory by tracking your most valuable assets around the clock. You can also use this technology to improve accountability, reduce liability, and increase visibility. Thanks to innovations like geofencing, customizable alerts, and real-time maps, you now have a 360-degree view of all your outdoor assets.
Here's everything you need to know about GPS for outdoor asset tracking.
What is GPS for Outdoor Asset Tracking?
GPS is a system of over 30 satellites that circle the planet. These satellites send out signals to GPS technologies and can calculate the location of an object like a trailer or construction crane. You can use GPS to track almost anything that you keep outside and quickly identify an item that goes missing.
Say you own a transportation company and keep a fleet of vehicles in an outdoor parking lot overnight. GPS devices can notify you if any of these vehicles leave the parking lot so you can take swift action. You can continue to monitor the location of a stolen vehicle as it moves from one location to another and send this information to the police or insurance companies.
What Technologies are Best for GPS Asset Tracking?
Although various GPS technologies exist, GPS trackers are the most effective for tracking outdoor assets. That's because you can attach these devices to equipment and vehicles discretely and view the latest tracking insights from your computer or mobile device.
LandAirSea (LAS) streamlines GPS for outdoor asset tracking. Its compact devices attach to equipment and vehicles with the provided cables or magnets so you can track your most-valuable items 24 hours a day. LAS' Silvercloud app compiles location information and can send you notifications when an asset leaves a location.
Here are some of the reasons to invest in LAS' tracking units:
- Improve inventory management by quickly locating outdoor assets.
- Reduce liability with system alerts and driving reports.
- Audit outdoor assets more effectively.
- Monitor the deployment of assets.
- Confirm the location of employees who use assets like machinery and vehicles.
- Get historical data about the location of your assets.
- Improve accountability and transparency in your organization.
- Provide law enforcement and insurance companies with location insights in the event of theft.
- Improve productivity by sharing data with your team.
GPS for Outdoor Asset Tracking: The Best Devices
Here are some of the devices you should consider when tracking outdoor assets:
- LandAirSea 54: You can attach this small device to a vehicle or equipment and view location data through the Silvercloud app. With its accurate geofencing alerts, the LandAirSea 54 monitors your items and prevents theft.
- LandAirSea Overdrive: You can also monitor high-value assets with the LandAirSea Overdrive, one of LAS' most popular tracking devices. Attach this device to a vehicle or equipment with its super-strong magnet and generate unparalleled location insights about outdoor assets like trailers, generators, and heavy-duty machinery. Overdrive includes a dark mode that conceals this device.
- The LandAirSea SYNC tracks cars, trailers, and tractors when you plug it into a vehicle's OBD-II port. You never need to charge this device as it generates power from the vehicle.
Not sure what GPS tracker to use? Contact LAS for additional resources and information about GPS for outdoor asset tracking.
Why Choose LAS When Using GPS for Outdoor Asset Tracking?
LAS offers the following benefits when tracking outdoor assets:
LAS' 24/7 customer service team can help you set up your new device and solve any technical issues.
You can get advice from LAS' team of experts here.
Long Battery Life
LandAirSea54 comes with a battery that can last for up to 12 months when on "Low Power Mode"; LandAirSea Overdrive has a battery that lasts up to 4 years.
LAS products cost up to 80 percent less than other GPS technologies.
As equipment and vehicle theft continue to increase, you need a GPS solution that protects your most valuable outdoor assets. Investing in GPS trackers provides you with peace of mind by monitoring machinery, trailers, company cars, and other valuables and identifying the location of assets in the event of theft. LAS' GPS trackers attach to outdoor assets discretely and generate accurate insights on your computer or mobile device.
Contact LandAirSea at 847-462-8100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about GPS for outdoor asset tracking.