The great thing about LandAirSea GPS units is that you can use these devices without signing up for a lengthy or expensive contract. There are no activation fees, and you can pay month-to-month or take out a prepaid plan with additional savings. LAS devices are among the most price-competitive on the market, costing up to 80 percent less than similar products.
However, you might want to know how to deactivate your GPS unit. This guide will walk you through the deactivation process and help you troubleshoot any subscription or payment-related issues.
HOW TO DEACTIVATE YOUR GPS UNIT IN 3 STEPS
If you want to know how to deactivate your GPS unit, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your account on the LAS websiteor via the LAS SilverCloud app on your iOS or Android device. Enter the username and password associated with your account.
- On the LAS website, click on the SilverCloud icon at the top-left of the screen. Then click on the ‘My Subscriptions’ link. Here you can deactivate or change your plan.
- On the SilverCloud app, click on the three parallel lines button or the ‘Setting’ button. Then click on ‘Managed Devices.’ From here, you can deactivate your change your plan, or renew a prepaid plan.
HOW TO DEACTIVATE YOUR GPS UNIT IF YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN INFORMATION
If you have forgotten your username and/or password, click on the ‘Lost Your Password?’ link on the LAS website or SilverCloud app. LAS will send an email to the email address associated with your account with instructions on resetting your username and/or password.
If you are still having trouble logging into your account, contact LAS’ support line at (847)-462-8100 x1 on Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 9.00 p.m. CT, excluding holidays.
HOW TO DEACTIVATE YOUR GPS UNIT: PAYMENTS
When you deactivate your LAS GPS unit, a payment might still be due for the upcoming month, depending on your subscription type and billing cycle.
IF YOU PAY FOR YOUR GPS UNIT MONTHLY
LAS’ billing/operational cycle varies depending on the day your subscription plan automatically renews. If you don’t cancel your subscription before your next scheduled billing date, you might be liable for the cost of the entire month. If you cancel your subscription in the middle of your monthly billing cycle, you can still use your LAS device until the end of that cycle. You won’t receive any credits for the remaining subscription period of your plan.
IF YOU PREPAID FOR YOUR GPS UNIT
You won’t be liable for further payments if you took out a prepaid plan. You can continue to use your LAS device until your plan has come to an end.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE YOU LEARN HOW TO DEACTIVATE YOUR GPS UNIT
You might want to know how to deactivate your GPS unit if you’re looking to save money. However, LAS products continue to provide all industries with an ongoing return on their investment. That’s because these tracking devices generate unparalleled location insights about the whereabouts of family members, friends, employees, vehicles, assets, and your most prized possessions. LAS products receive GPS signals from satellites that orbit the Earth, helping you locate people and objects with greater accuracy than ever before. GPS units, like those made by LAS, use a process called trilateration to determine a location with extreme precision.
Here are some of the benefits you can receive if you continue to use your GPS device:
- Protect high-value assets and vehicles from theft, loss, and damage.
- Send location information to law enforcement and insurance companies if someone steals a high-value item or a valuable goes missing.
- Track employee performance and improve productivity in your organization. For example, learn how long it takes a driver to reach a destination, how many stops the driver takes to get there, and how long the driver’s vehicle remains idle.
- Share location data with consumers and improve customer service. For example, share data when you dispatch a package to a customer.
- Discover the whereabouts of family members, friends, and colleagues.
- Control all your LAS devices from one SaaS system.
LAS serves various industries and organizations, including:
- Airport Operations
- Camping and Hiking
- Commercial Fleets
- Dumpsters & Pods
- Golf Course Maintenance/Operations
- Government & Municipalities
- Law Enforcement
- Rental Equipment
- Schools & Universities
- Waste Management
WHAT MAKES LAS DIFFERENT FROM OTHER GPS DEVICE MANUFACTURERS?
Before you learn how to deactivate your GPS unit, learn what makes LAS different from other manufacturers. Since 1994, LAS has manufactured GPS units like the LandAirSea 2020 that help organizations carry out day-to-day operations. For example, law enforcement can use these tracking devices to know a suspect’s whereabouts, prevent vehicles from going missing, and protect expensive equipment like body cameras.
LAS GPS devices can determine the location of a person or object by up to six inches, which is far more accurate than the GPS you might use on your smartphone. These products are also more discrete and compact than traditional in-car GPS units, making them invaluable for covert tracking. You can attach GPS units made by LAS to almost any object with the provided industrial-strength magnets or adapter cables. You can then track location data from your computer or the SilverCloud app available on Google Play and the App Store. These devices also last longer than many other products on the market before you have to charge them. The LandAirSea 54, for example, offers a 12-month battery life. You can save even more battery with its Powersaver mode.
HOW TO DEACTIVATE YOUR GPS UNIT: CONSIDER CHANGING YOUR PLAN
Instead of learning how to deactivate your GPS unit, you can change to a different payment plan. For example, if you pay month-to-month, you can switch to a prepaid plan and generate additional savings. LAS offers three prepaid plans:
- 6-month plan
- 1-year plan
- 2-year plan
Each plan comes with a sliding pricing scale depending on how frequently you receive location updates. If you want to receive updates every 3 minutes, for example, you could make the following savings by switching to a prepaid plan:
- Month-to-month subscription cost: $19.95 per month
- 6-month prepaid plan cost: $107.73 (10% saving)
- 1-year prepaid plan cost: $179.55 (25% saving)
- 2-year prepaid plan cost: $238.80 (50% saving)
Say you want to receive tracking updates every 3 seconds, you could make the following savings by switching to a prepaid plan:
- Month-to-month subscription cost: $49.95 per month
- 6-month prepaid plan cost: $269.73 (10% saving)
- 1-year prepaid plan cost: $449.55 (25% saving)
- 2-year prepaid plan cost: $599.40 (50% saving)
- Learn more about savings when you switch to a prepaid plan here.
There are no activation fees when you change from a month-to-month subscription to a prepaid plan.
Now you know how to deactivate your GPS unit in just three simple steps! After deactivation, you can sign up for a new subscription or prepaid payment plan whenever you like and continue to benefit from LAS’ incredible location-tracking services.
LAS has provided GPS solutions for various industries for 25 years. Click here to check out GPS-enabled products that improve evidence collection, asset protection, inventory management, compliance, and employee performance.